Combi for under £950

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get a new heating system in a 3 bed semi with 1 bathroom. What is one of the better boilers to get for under £950. Not much of an expert on this but baxi, worcester and valliant seem to get good reviews

Sponsored Links
If you are paying so much for a boiler then its better to lift the limit and get whatever you think will be best.

Most of the more expensive boilers are from £800 to £1200 inc vat.

The Viessmann has a very good reputation for reliability but actually getting hold of one is more difficult as they seem very disorganised. As they cannot answer telephones they take out full page in trade mags but dont include their telephone. Merchants dont normally stock their boilers but can order them within a week.

Tony

Anything that hard to get I would give a miss, would spares also be hard to get or is it so reliable that it would never go wrong.

As a Viessman approved installer, I will confirm that their tech support / supply chain is awful, the boilers are a pain to set up till you get used to them.
But given all this, I still recommend them as they are superb machines.

Sponsored Links
One does not expect cowboys to install Viessmanns but I am pleased to hear his confirmation that my assessment of their organisation is correct.

The spares are not stocked anywhere except hopefully in Telford ( perhaps? ) but I do have to say that one hears that they rarely fail.

Our commitment to customer care is so great that I would not want to install a boiler for a client unless WE had a 100% spares stockholding so that we could guarantee to get it working at any time of the day or year ( including Christmas day )

Tony

Tony,
I wouldn't worry about the spares too much. Went to a non-condensing 100 the other day (noisy system) been in for 7 years - householder told me 4 others on the street, none had ever been even serviced and they all run like new!
Any problems with new installations and they get an engineer out in 24 hours.
I also have the mobile number of the head of engineering - which isa great help - he's told me that only one Vitodens 100 has ever failed due to a factory fault, which I believe, it's otherwise due to them being a swine to set up and the 'minimalist' installation manual which is to the normal Viessman communication standards :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back