Worcester Bosch or Rehema?

What world are you in gremlin16, cause it can't be the heating world. You must clearly work for Rehema or have some sort of deal going with them.

Worcester Bosch (Okay and Vaillant) are by far the most reliable boilers on the market. Their build quality is excellent. The Greenstar range has been around for 5 years now and as for them breaking down its pretty much unheard of....considering this is the most installed boiler in the UK, there is a reason for this as installers know they won't get any come back.

As for Rehema I don't know much about them, but you can't put out a statement that WB reliablity is long gone as its simply bull.

Fortunately I agree with Gremlin :rolleyes: and it would seem most of the others as well.

WB are crap when compared to Broag.

Sponsored Links
Gremlin - Its easy for people to bad mouth BG engineers, cause we take on a lot of installations private contractors wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

As for my credibility, I bet I have seen far more breakdowns than you stuck out in you sheep shagging communities.

On the contrary, we take on lots of installs BG either do not have the technical ability to carry out, or their extremely limited arsenal of products does not meet the customers requirements.

If you have a difficult or unusual set up BG are the last peoople you would get involved. The salesman was probably selling sweeties 4 months ago and in any case only is allocated just 45 minutes on site. Wouldn't know a one pipe system if it hit him in the face and certainly couldn't fit a Broag Remeha because 'its not on their list'.

I invited them round my house to quote 4 yrs back (competition evaluation). Bloke told me that they couldn't supply an LPG boiler big enough, couldn't understand what an accumulator was when he saw two cylinders on the drawings, and when I tried to explain. he authoratatively described to me why it wouldn't work. Laughable. But he was pleasant enough. Might fool a few old dears.

Do tell us about the difficult installs, BGengineer, I'm all ears......

I wish I'd never replied to this post.

Agreed its not ideal using a salesman rather than an engineer, however, my brother is an installation engineer for BG and they purely use the salesman plans as a guide. It is the engineers themselves that discuss with the customer what would be most suitable.

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well on the last post. What I meant was we take on installations on to a service contract that have either been incorrectly configured, piped in wrong or are just generally in poor health. For this reason we get a lot of flack when something goes wrong but people dont want to fork out for updating their system.

I did not mean companies taking on the installtion themselves. I have seen some beautiful installations from other companies, but also as you know there are a lot of installers out there who throw in crap, but from BG you will get generally some excellent installs, all work guaranteed and the largest service force to back it up.

Ok we dont offer every boiler under the sun (why would we need to). Did the salesman not suggest using 2 LPG boilers?

All I am saying is we dominate the market for installs and service agreements, therefore we must be doing somthing right.

Sponsored Links
All I am saying is we dominate the market for installs and service agreements, therefore we must be doing something right.
Could it be that many people still equate British Gas with "The Gas Board" and have the mistaken belief that it is a state-run monopoly? I wonder what would happen if it was called Centrica Gas!

stuck out in you sheep s****g communities.

PMSL BGE so original, just confirmed your capabilities.

:oops: I might be showing discrimination against a Mechaphilia, who,s partner is a WB, if thats the case BGE, sorry.

All I am saying is we dominate the market for installs and service agreements, therefore we must be doing something right.
Could it be that many people still equate British Gas with "The Gas Board" and have the mistaken belief that it is a state-run monopoly? I wonder what would happen if it was called Centrica Gas!

There may be something in that. The old Gas Board were very good. The service side was geared to draw even, not make a profit. The profit was on gas sales. The service side was to keep customers and keep them happy. I recall that to get a washing machine fixed was around twice the price of boiler by the Gas Board. Until around 1970, the gas board would attend a problem with your fire or cooker with the first half hour being free. Most calls outs were free, the service men would only book 1/2 hour when it took 45 minutes.

But at least with BG you have backup. Have a fault on a boiler and go to the local "plumber" and you may be in for a big bills and long waits, that's if he can fix it of course. This forum is full of stories of local plumbers unable to fix boilers and people being ripped off in the process. BG, may screw up here and there, but it will be fixed and no massive bills to pay.

What world are you in gremlin16, cause it can't be the heating world. You must clearly work for Rehema or have some sort of deal going with them.

Worcester Bosch (Okay and Vaillant) are by far the most reliable boilers on the market.

Being BG means your exposure is limited. Look at Atmos, Atag, Viessmann. Atmos are probably the designed and most reliable boilers on the planet. I believe some Japanese boilers are V Good, but not available here.

For state of the art installations BG is not the place to go. Few of them know what a heat bank or thermal store is, never mind an accumulator. I have used a few accumulators recently to great success. Highly cost effective when mains water is poor and the mains can't be updated, or will be horrendous in price to update. That is sad as the modern version of the thermal store was put together by Gledhill and British Gas. Then BG drop them when privatisation came along.

As I always say, with an organisation as big and cumbersum as BG you will inevitably get a fair percentage of useless numpties working for them.

However, this should not be used to pull the abilities of the conscientious ones down to that perceived level, after all the only stories that will usually be promoted will always be the bad ones, never the good ones.

Although I myself am not a lover of BG, I personally think they prey on the elderly, who do still think that to get a proper job done they have to have British Gas in to do it. My mother is still one and look how old I am :eek:

Those posting on here, I always think, will be the top percentage of the BG workforce, as the useless ones aren't interested in doing the job right, let alone taking their own personal time to post on here :rolleyes:

I take my hat off to you good ones for having to take the flak for the carp out there and the useless sales people BG employ ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back