Worcester Bosch or Rehema?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am looking to install a new combi boiler and I have been quoted options for Worcerster Bosch and Rehema. Whilst I have heard of Worcester and understand they are a good boiler, I have not heard of Rehema before. I have friends and family who have Worcester boilers installed and they all seem to say the boiler works very well. The issue is that the equivalent performance Rehema boiler is about £300 cheaper than the Worcester option (£950 as opposes to £1250 for a 30kW boiler) and with money being a bit tighter these days I don't want to spend an extra £300 if I don't have to. :confused:

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Remeha Avanta series are a good boiler, you should get a five year warranty.

We have only had one failure to date on our installed base. The heat exchanger is the same one as in the Vaillant.

They are not £300 cheaper than the Worcester though, so the quoted spec or workmanship may be lower. It is not just a matter of price, check the spec. Are they quality TRVs (eg: Drayton, Honeywell), what controls are you getting, how long will the Powerflush take, what cleansing and treatment chemicals will be used, is it going to get a Part L (and if in a kitchen or bathroom, Part P) certificate etc etc.

Thanks for that.

I do have an existing central heating system so all I am doing is changing the existing boiler for new. All the radiators apart from one have TRVs.

The price for the Worcester Bosch boiler installed is about £2000 inc. VAT. Included in this is the boiler change, remote wireless stat, external underground condensate chamber and labour. Does this seem about right? The quoted boiler is a 30CDi e.g. 30kw whereas the Rehema is a Broag Rehema 35 so as far as I am aware that is the only spec difference. I did read the wrong price though and the actual difference is only about £100 not £300.

Can you advise what I should be making sure is done during the exchange e.g. powerflush. This is unclear on the quote and I want to make sure everything gets done that needs doing.

Cheers
Alan

Sponsored Links
I am :oops: to say we use to recommend WB. Not any more, too many breakdowns and their build quality is carp.

Have spoken to Rehema and checked out their boilers. Simple to install, simple to service and repair, and with 5 years parts and 2 years labour warranty. As for build quality they seem ok.

The days of reliable WB has long gone.

The Broag Rehema is one of the best boilers on the market, Domestic and Commercial.

What world are you in gremlin16, cause it can't be the heating world. You must clearly work for Rehema or have some sort of deal going with them.

Worcester Bosch (Okay and Vaillant) are by far the most reliable boilers on the market. Their build quality is excellent. The Greenstar range has been around for 5 years now and as for them breaking down its pretty much unheard of....considering this is the most installed boiler in the UK, there is a reason for this as installers know they won't get any come back.

As for Rehema I don't know much about them, but you can't put out a statement that WB reliablity is long gone as its simply bull.

Out of the 2 choices you give I would fit the Rehema under duress, as I cannot stand the unhelpful atitude of the company itself :mad:

What world are you in gremlin16, cause it can't be the heating world. You must clearly work for Rehema or have some sort of deal going with them.

Worcester Bosch (Okay and Vaillant) are by far the most reliable boilers on the market. Their build quality is excellent. The Greenstar range has been around for 5 years now and as for them breaking down its pretty much unheard of....considering this is the most installed boiler in the UK, there is a reason for this as installers know they won't get any come back.

As for Rehema I don't know much about them, but you can't put out a statement that WB reliablity is long gone as its simply bull.

I agree, WB and Vaillant are the best two by a margin.

Although we usually agree DM, in this instance I don't :rolleyes:

I would never fit a WB as long as I have a hole in my ar*e :eek: :LOL:

I take it BGE means you work for BG.
If thats the case you would not know a heating engineer if it bit you on the nose..

As for Rehema I don't know much about them
That says a lot about your credibility. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, no I don't work or have any deals with Broag, but I do have an interest in what my customers need, eg reliability.

Then again why is it that WB have so many service vehicle covering small areas, answer is easy, to many breakdowns!!!
Ask their engineers about reoccurring fault.

Although we usually agree DM, in this instance I don't :rolleyes:

I would never fit a WB as long as I have a hole in my ar*e :eek: :LOL:

Not meaning to criticise but haven't you fitted ideal icos/isar? I'd rather have the WB.

I have unfortunately, up until about 2 years ago, but even these are easier to work on than WB

Just to my 2 pennies in.

I have fitted most makes and have to say that the build quality of the remeha is possibly the best and out of all the boilers is the most reliable. Remeha are one of the main commercial boiler manufacturers and have come top in the domestic market for reliability in europe for the last 3 years.

unfortunately the service backup from remeha is very poor.

Out of the current manufacturers i would opt for a vaillant or gloworm (ultracom range).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back