Combi hot water, more warm than hot!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have just had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i junior combi fitted along with central heating conversion and new rads.

The hot water on the first day was ok i.e very hot. However because the fitters had left one of the drain cocks slightly open, I had to call them back the next day to refill the system and top up the inhibitor. It was a different engineer that came round and although he sorted the heating out the hot water does not seem to reach the high temperatures as it did the day before, unless the tap is turned down low.

I also noticed that he filled the system to a higher pressure that the previous guys (about 1/2 bar more) and the central heating system rests cold at just over 1.5bar

Hoping someone out there can shed some light on to what could have gone wrong!

edit: Oh yeah and it's not in eco mode

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Sponsored Links
Why don't you call back the installers? By the way, did they complete a Benchmark certificate (blue A5 size)? This should record the hot water performance at commissioning.

And also proof that the man fitted your system as it should.

I wonder if the gas line is correctly sized.

Thanks for the replies, it was a reputable company who fitted, and the paperwork will be sent along with certificates shortly. Everything as far as I know is correct 22mm gas pipe ...

I have a feeling that the stop tap to the boiler has been turned up, as our push on the tap style shower (primitive i know :oops: ) managed to remain on the taps when the hot tap was turned on fully before this problem, but is now shooting off when on the tap is on full!! I have already turned the stop tap down a little and this does improve the range of the taps in which very hot water comes out. I would turn it down more until the shower stays on the taps i.e. to hopefully get me back to where we were on the first day, however I am a little nervous to do this as there is only about half a turn left until the off position on the stop tap

regards,
Lee

Sponsored Links
The Benchmark is given to you at completion. It has to be signed by you saying you have been shown how to operate the appliance and manuals have been given to you. If you do not have the logbook, cannot see it arriving with any follow up papers.

The logbook is included in boiler manual package. The engineer enters the details, gets you to sign it and give the pack to you. Big company, small company, reputable lot or a cowboy plumber- no difference, same procedure.

Ideal boilers have their Benchmark log book in the back of the installation instructions, not the little blue book like we are all used to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back