combi install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
Can you still buy single rad valves that have both flow and returns on one side of the radiator? Have put a price in to install a combi and now i am a bit concerned that if these existing valves are going to leak under pressure. I wanted to repipe to both sides and put trv's on but the customer doesnt want the mess of going into stud walls. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can you not just make them aware that it could be a problem, offer it as an extra but tell them if they leak due to the increased pressure they are not covered

you can still get them if you hunt around, google it. About £28 last time I found some.

you can still get them if you hunt around, google it. About £28 last time I found some.
I googled it and got 2 twin rads for an alfa romeo. fantastic lol. customer your rads are cold but **** off a stick. Seriously though i dont think the install is worth the hassle. It needs new pipework for me to be worry free. thanx micky

The dual valves (trade name Maxitwin) will be fine with increased pressure if they are the yorkshire/imi ones. If i remember correctly they were rated at 3 bar.
Only problem with leaks was on the lockshield, side from screw but you can tighten the cap down with grips. It contains a fibre washer and will seal fine.
Talk them into changing if possible because these valves can be a pain with the insert tube blocking or not connected if someone has had the rad off.

You may still get them from some merchant who has them lying around but they discontinued them last year according to Yorkshire web site
http://www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk/EN/ProductDetails/Main?Id=5ee242db-1407-4bc9-9747-41d56bcca443&d=1

Danfoss used to do a TRV version. May still do them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back