combi mixer shower advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Recently had a vaillant ecotec plus 837 installed and now redoing the bathroom to add a shower cubical.

Im after something that is good quality, reliable and will compensate if another hot tap is opened while the shower is on.

I have seen the Mira combiforce 415 which seems good, but is this any good and will it do what i need it to. Also is it thermostatic to keep temp same?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
no this shower is not a thermostatic mixer

so if another is opened, could be left with a cold shower?

anything similar but thermostatic?

Its not thermostatic, but it is pressure balanced which means you won't be scalded if someone opens a cold tap elsewhere in the house. i would recommend this shower.......

at the same time I dont want to freez either if someone opens a hot tap somewhere else

Fair enough, but with a combi boiler I think you're screwed on that front regardless of which shower you go for. It will shut down if either hot or cold supply fails so again you shouldn't get a cold shot...

Fair enough, but with a combi boiler I think you're screwed on that front regardless of which shower you go for. It will shut down if either hot or cold supply fails so again you shouldn't get a cold shot...

but if another hot tap is opened the combi continues to run.

am i missing your point?

Yes, combi's don't work brilliantly when you have two taps open. Still produces the same amount of hot water but split between two open taps (well one tap one shower) so your flow in the shower will drop considerably.

A pressure balanced shower fitted on a mains pressure c/w and dhw, and assuming your combi is fully modulating operates essentially as a thermostatic shower, it will adjust to the differences in pressure rather than the differences in temp, which as far as the end user is concerned in the sort of system I've described amounts to the same thing.

thanks

If someone could onfirm what is being said before I purchase this, that would be great

but if another hot tap is opened the combi continues to run.

am i missing your point?

Reading that back its maybe not clear that I meant the shower will shut down if either the cold or hot water supply fails, not the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back