Combi or Condensing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problably been asked before so please direct if yes.

Looking to replace current boiler (old baxi bermuda 675 back boiler) but not sure what to get - a combi (which is cheaper) or condensing (more economical).

Any thoughts? If so what are the most realible/cost effective on the market?

Sponsored Links
I don't do gas.

Except in very limited circumstances, you must have a combi AND condenser.

Unless it is a very small property, only the insane fit combies.

Combi (broke) = no heating AND no hot water -- not good.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Whatever boiler you get it HAS to be a condenser, mr waistcoat says so.
:LOL: and Mr. Skiddyundies agrees :eek:

Sponsored Links
Get a regular condensing boiler and a new bs1566 dhw cylinder unless your is bs1566. TRV's new lockshields full control of heating and hot water.

If it were my house I'd be fixing the back boiler for years to come.

I did four properties for a landlord yesterday he had two with combis, a Eurocombi and a Ferroli, one with a British Gas regular boiler, and one with an Ideal Etype which looked really ropy. I said this is your best boiler, and I meant it!

Is your old boiler faulty?

If not, stick 2 fingers up to a condensing appliance that will fail quicker that Paula did in Anthens. (and that is with a full system cleanse).

If you have a Back boiler you may have a case for refitting a back boiler. If no other location is suitalbe/economicable. I'd get a reputable firm to have a look at it for you and if it can be repaired I'd go for the repair. I'd also bye a CO detector.
Condensing conventional boilers if fitted and maintained correctly should last as long as regular boilers. Or so they say. I think condensing got a lot of bad feeling amongst the trade with the early boilers. Some were especially bad. Minimiser anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back