Combi or System boiler and do i need to fit trv's thermosta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know the question has been asked before and have read the posts with interest but would like peoples opinions.

Going to be 2 bathrooms. Only me and missus - but you never know when that might change. In past I have always found combi's a pain, breaking down and the pain with water pressure.

For this reason, discounting how much hw etc we use is there tonnes more involved in fitting a system boiler and tank and are the prices comparable as to just 'whacking' (I know its probably more complex than that) a combi.

I have only just started looking but i think boiler prices are comparable - and then have tank cost on top?

My old system doesnt have trv's or any zoning / thermostat control so I presume in fitting a new boiler I'd need to bring this up to scratch? I believe its a requirement of regs right? I have never had a problem without the control I just turn rads off in the rooms we dont want em and turn the system on when I am cold and off when not.

Any opinions would be welcomed but realise it may be a question of its up to me to decide which id rather have.

thanks in avance

Sponsored Links
You need trvs and a room stat. Might as well make it programmable. Cm907 or cm927 is the best of the traditional variety.

Combi versus cylinder done to death. Not sure why you need to read the same opinions again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back