Combi used as system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am buying a small 60's bungalow in need of renovation, and it has a recently fitted Greenstar 24 Junior condensing combi installed in the loft. I shall be increasing the floor area by about 50% with a new kitchen and two showers but I shall also be dramatically improving the insulation levels. I don't like combis and anyway this would unlikely be man enough for my increased dhw demand. My preference would be an un-vented system with stored dhw and if I had been starting from scratch I would be looking for a system boiler.

But I have this shiny new combi in the loft, so my question is: Can I use it as a system boiler, or should I trade it in?

tia
Limeyard.

Sponsored Links
you can use the combi as a system boiler, usually the combi serves 1 or 2 taps, 2*2port valves control the system, heating and/or hot water.

best option is to use as a combi to supply kitchen and then postion the cylinder as close as possible to bathrooms to supply them. That way you can have the shortest draw off times for hot water. best of both worlds!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back