combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a Glo Worm Swift Flo combination boiler, it was in the house when we moved here eight years ago, so I am not sure how old it is.
The problem is that there is thick black water marks running down the outside wall from the outlet of the boiler (is this the flue). This has been for a good few months now. It doesn't wash off what is it and how can it be prevented, does this mean we need a new boiler?
Many thanks for you help and advice.

Sponsored Links
I would be interested in this too, since I have a glow worm swift flow 80 and have the same marks running down the wall. I was just told its condensation, which I can understand, but dont understand whys its black and dirty.

Your boiler has a permanent pilot light and that means the fans running constantly.

That draws in air all the time and that deposits soot and dust which somehow is getting washed out by rain perhaps.

Your model really does need properly servicing. I went to one last week which had not been serviced for several years and the dirt inside had made the fan fail.

I would still suggest that you cet it checked by a competent CORGI as soot produced by the boiler indicates its producing carbon monoxide!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back