Combining toilet and sink wastes with no vertical soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our building project is essentially a bungalow, we have two toilets and 4 sinks. The main waste pipe to the drain is already laid but I've never seen this done without a vertical soil-pipe for everything to join into, particularly sink wastes.

What are the names of the sort of parts I am after to join all the various wastes into the main drain (110mm IIRC) I can't picture how it should work

Sponsored Links
You need a vertical soil pipe to vent the stack at the head. If you don't, flushing a toilet can lead to the water in sink u-bends being sucked out. Then you will have a nice sewer smell drifting about.

The name of the parts you need is called a plumber or builder.

Thanks for the first part.

I like to know things. Sorry about that.

The sinks could run out through the wall into gully’s which could be joined into the drain.

Sponsored Links
The plumber who visited pointed out the need for a stench pipe. Main issue we have is lack of vertical space, but we think we figured out a way to get required drops everywhere

@d000hg , you will need to vent the main soil pipe some way, either a vent to air or an AAV (durgo) on a vertical stub stack that's at least above the highest spillover level - usually the basin.

You really need to fit a vent stack at the head of the drain, (AAV at a minimum), but provided that's done, then the wastes can connect via waste adaptors, directly into the drain.
UG492.jpg

What do building control want? They are signing off the job and anything else is pure guesswork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back