Comibination Boiler - Takes a long time to supply hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have a Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler. It is sited 1.5 meters from the kitchen sink which has mixer taps. When i turn on the hot water tap it can take up to two or three minutes for the water to become hot.

Sometimes, though not always, if I reduce the flow rate, the water heats up more quickly.

the bathroom, downstairs and on the other side of the house, can take up to four or five minutes to become hot.

do you think this is having a knock-on effect on my gas bill and if so, what can I do about it please?

Sponsored Links
When you open the tap does the boiler fire straight away

In other words, with the white front cover lifted off, can you see a blue gas flame through the little window virtually straight away?

My Worcester had the same symtoms, and was taking 1-2 minutes to light because of a simple ignition fault.

thanks peeps!

it seems to be okayish in a s-o-d-s law kind of way. anyways... i thought it would be good to feedback to you guys. i switched the tap on and after:

7 secs: blue light in boiler fires up
20 secs: water is lukewarm
30 secs : water is hand hot
40 secs: water is hot

is that okay?

Sponsored Links
Your first post said it takes 3-4 minutes to get hot.

Now you say it only 0.67 minutes!

I timed a new Worcester boiler to produce hot water to a sink just 2.5m away and it was about 30 secs.

In your case all the variables have not been defined, flow rate, type and size of pipe etc.

So far it seems pretty normal !

Tony

Your first post said it takes 3-4 minutes to get hot.
i said so-ds law! easily missed. no worries.

anyways... thank for checking yours. sounds like my "okay" is normal then.

i feel pretty sure there's a problem so I'll use the tap as i normally would over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

thanks again.

Probably drawing more water than boiler can heat; try running the tap on half the full flow.

The trick is to run the hot tap slowly until the boiler is up to operating temperature, and only then to increase the flowrate. Just open the tap enough to boot the boiler at first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back