boiler - no hot water help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i need advice with a worcester bosch 240 rsf boiler. Tonight the hot water started cutting out after a minute or 2 of hot water supply. Does anyone have any ideas?.

Sorry forgot to add that you almost have to turn the tap onto full for the boiler to kick in.

Sponsored Links
on the left hand side facing you is the diverter valve (round brass thing).
when you turn the tap on the spindle in the middle pokes out & stays out operating a microswitch.
if this does not happen the diaphragm requires replacing.

Ok i've just watched it. It does popout and touch the switch but if you don't switch the tap on enough it doesn't touch properly and if you turn it too high it moves back away from the switch. The upstairs taps make it move back away from the switch after a min or two

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for your help!

is this easy enough todo yourself or does it require an expert also wheres the best place to get them?.

£180 for a WB fixed price repair. Some of these WB divertors are pigs to do. Don;t know about this one though :?:

That much!!!. It had to happen at a worse time as im skint this month!!. Are you sure its not possible to do it DIY?.

local boiler parts supplier or net.
ask for GIANNONI DIAPHRAGM ASSY.
easy to do on your boiler...........but the sliding joint on the right of valve will more than likely leak.
you will need a replacement "o"ring, 3/4" & 1/2" fibre washers.

quite easy on this boiler,(but its my job ) isolate - electric and water - remove microswitch, one union nut and about 8 screws around housing, take out worn or damaged parts and replace, silicon grease on all the moving bits, reassemble.

thats alright buy me a few pints & we will say no more about it.

by the way be careful with the circlip, watch it doesn't ping away never to be seen again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back