boiler - no hot water help

Sponsored Links
right i have replaced it but now the boiler isn't firing up for hot water. The boiler is working for the heating just not the hot water. You can hear it click but thats it.

Did you change the microswitch or refit the old one?

New one- wrong connectiuons?

Old one- faulty switch ? Test with multimeter.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I can get hot water while the heating is turned on and i can see the boiler flame get brighter when both water and heating is on it won't fire up with the hot water on its own.....

When i press the switch manually i can here it trying to fire up but it doesn't ignite.

Now just to muck me around even more it won't ignite for the central heating. I can hear it sparking up though.

I know im being a pain but i really need some help about now :oops: . I Have watched things carefully and the new diaphram pops out but doesn't seem to touch the switch, the switch works manually and you can hear the igniter sparking but no flame. Eailer the Central heating would fire up and you could get hot water that way but thats not working now but you can hear the igniter working.

Could some please give me some advice on what to check.

The moving pin sounds as if you have reversed the diaphragm. Two springs should both be on the switch side.

I have no idea what you have done to stop the boiler firing up!

Did you take the connections of the microswitch?

Were you naughty and opened the combustion chamber or touched anything else that you should not have done?

Tony

Sorry but i should of replyed!. It looks like the previous owner had been messing as i found the problem. The ignition cable running up from the switch had been cut at one point and had been resoldered badly and had come loose. I found it after taking the metal cover from the top chamber off so i re connected the cables and it works fine now.

Ha Ha ! So I guessed that right then!

I did it once myself a long time ago.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back