Commercial/domestic gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I am currently pricing a job in a flat. We need to run a 42mm gas supply from the meter, which is in the basement, into the flat to supply a combi and gas hob.

Once we are into the flat, we will fit a secondary ecv and reduce to 28mm pipe for the remainder of the run.

I am aware that the 42mm run will need to be installed, commissioned and certificated by a commercial fitter. But my question is, once he has signed off the pipe work to the secondary ecv, can a domestic fitter commission the rest of the pipe work (28mm) and do the boiler, hob sign off?

I hope this is all clear, any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unless scope has recently changed, it should be ok. You will need a test point after your ECV in the flat.

Thanks Tibbot, yes we will install a test point and a purge point as it's a fairly long run from the meter to the flat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back