Gas pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new combi boiler rated at 39.6 Kw (135115 BTU/hr) gross input. This will be fed through 10.5 m of gas pipe with a gas cooker and hob teeing off after 6m. Are there any Corgis out there who can advise whether I should be going for 28mm pipe for all or some of the run? I will be getting a Corgi to connect to the supply and commision but want to get the work done on the piping. :confused:

Sponsored Links
have you already found someone who will connect the boiler and commission to your new pipework because i don't know many corgis who will take on somebody elses installation and put their name to it. You would need the kw of the cooker/hob and add 0.5m for every tee or elbow to work out the pipe size.

No, not tried to find someone yet - good point.
Don't know oven size yet, hob will be 8 to 9Kw I think.

Agree with Ollski

The gas saftey installation and use regs state that any pipe that is intended to convey gas must be installed by a competent person

I for one would never entertain "commisioning" a pipe for gas that has been installed by a non registered plumber let alone a client

spend a bit of cash and get a corgi op to install it for you peace of mind comes at a cost

Sponsored Links
FWIW, You will need 28mm from the meter to the tee, 22mm from the tee to the boiler and probably (depending on size of cooker and hob) 22mm from tee to cooker and hob tee, posssiby reducing to 15mm from there to appliances.

Mave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back