Gas pipe size

so after all this your corgi guy was correct and he didn't even get out his paper thing and measure it !!!

Sponsored Links
it is really simple, your installer has the responisbility to do it right so if he says 28mm, then 28 mm it is.

unless of course you are willing to sign a waiver and if it turns out that 22 is not enough, you got to pay him for laying the 22, AND for 28 pipe, AND for removing the 22, AND for laying the 28.

my money says you are not willing to sign that.
and if you were my customer, you would be looking for a new installer.

Dear all,

I am just trying to educate myself, please dont take offence.

I do value the advice that many of you guys give. and i like to do my home work...

cheers

Adrian

Nobody's mentioned that the tables are wrong. All of them. Everyone gets higher pressure drops than the tables predict, especially on smaller sizes, though also on 28mm.
SO if someone said to me 30kw boiler I'd expect it to be 28mm unless the pipework was very short.
Have just piped a 37kW boiler up to 40m of 42mm pipe -pressure drop is more than the charts say on that too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back