Gas pipe sizing

doitall said:
chr 15.

Pipe sizing and how too, is the first must important task on any job, if you don't know how too, or more to the point where to find it in the reference books you must have had when you done the ACS, then I'm sorry, your faking.

We regularly ask for Corgy details if we smell a rat, your post falls into the trap.

Quite simply all you had to do was pm or email your details and the info was available. You could e them to me for that matter.
But why?? what for? and what are you gonna do with it once you got it?--You all grasped the wrong end of the stick from the start-you didnt fully understand my question and probably I didnt post it clearly enough.
I have got the reference books and I do use them-if you look back I'm not the one doing any arguing over actual pipe sizing,I know how to do the calcs,easy enough using the tables in the reference books-I use viper now-used to use corgis but they were a rip off but anyway,as I said you didnt get what I was trying to say in my very first post and the only 'mistake' I have made is daring to speak back to some of the off remarks and insults directed at me during this thread.
As I said in an earlier post(may have been deleted) I have come across lots of jobs by would be RGI's ,independants,British Gas and allsorts,shoddy installs and services not carried out as specified-some even I.D. situations so all your arguments about whether someones registered or not doesn't mean a thing-all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question without abuse but that was to much to ask and now your trying to make excuses for the way people have conducted themselves on here. Have to find an official complaints procedure for forums I reckon. Don't know why you think posting any personal details of mine will solve anything cos it wont.

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
I =INTERCONTINETAL
B=BALLISTIC
M=MISSILES :LOL: duck to avoid innnnnnncccccccooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Ignorant board moderators?? :)

welcome to the kennel club :rolleyes: ........I reiterate my cliche for your amusement....."a lot of BG fitters couldn`t fit a french letter".....I`m glad I never bothered with gas after it was regulated, just stayed with simple jobs for my simple mind :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
welcome to the kennel club :rolleyes: ........I reiterate my cliche for your amusement....."a lot of BG fitters couldn`t fit a french letter".....I`m glad I never bothered with gas after it was regulated, just stayed with simple jobs for my simple mind :LOL:
Yeh,thats what I've been thinking of doing for a while now,can't hack all the sh*te, or just stick with oil-mind you,oftec are starting to do a good impersonation of corgi. :confused:

Yeh,thats what I've been thinking of doing for a while now,can't hack all the sh*te, or just stick with oil-mind you,oftec are starting to do a good impersonation of corgi.

oftec are trying to go down the corgi route,when they do heaven help the public as most oil installs i attend to are noncompliant on at least two or three major issues
fire valve
ventilation
flue termination
no need to mention oil tanks/lines as we know most are totally lethal

chr15 said:
doitall said:
chr 15.

Pipe sizing and how too, is the first must important task on any job, if you don't know how too, or more to the point where to find it in the reference books you must have had when you done the ACS, then I'm sorry, your faking.

We regularly ask for Corgy details if we smell a rat, your post falls into the trap.

Quite simply all you had to do was pm or email your details and the info was available. You could e them to me for that matter.
But why?? what for? and what are you gonna do with it once you got it?--You all grasped the wrong end of the stick from the start-you didnt fully understand my question and probably I didnt post it clearly enough.
I have got the reference books and I do use them-if you look back I'm not the one doing any arguing over actual pipe sizing,I know how to do the calcs,easy enough using the tables in the reference books-I use viper now-used to use corgis but they were a rip off but anyway,as I said you didnt get what I was trying to say in my very first post and the only 'mistake' I have made is daring to speak back to some of the off remarks and insults directed at me during this thread.
As I said in an earlier post(may have been deleted) I have come across lots of jobs by would be RGI's ,independants,British Gas and allsorts,shoddy installs and services not carried out as specified-some even I.D. situations so all your arguments about whether someones registered or not doesn't mean a thing-all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question without abuse but that was to much to ask and now your trying to make excuses for the way people have conducted themselves on here. Have to find an official complaints procedure for forums I reckon. Don't know why you think posting any personal details of mine will solve anything cos it wont.

What am I going to do with it ?, absolutely nothing, other than stop the arguments.

The answer to your question, which I understood perfectly thank you, is in nice picture format in the Viper handbook, also included is example working outs.

bripl said:
Yeh,thats what I've been thinking of doing for a while now,can't hack all the sh*te, or just stick with oil-mind you,oftec are starting to do a good impersonation of corgi.

oftec are trying to go down the corgi route,when they do heaven help the public as most oil installs i attend to are noncompliant on at least two or three major issues
fire valve
ventilation
flue termination
no need to mention oil tanks/lines as we know most are totally lethal
I reckon about 98% of the tank intalls I see are non-compliant.

doitall said:
What am I going to do with it ?, absolutely nothing, other than stop the arguments.

The answer to your question, which I understood perfectly thank you, is in nice picture format in the Viper handbook, also included is example working outs.
And how do you suppose you're gonna do that? Like I said before,how will it make any difference? Plenty of RGI's do shoddy work,probably more than what do quality work if you do the maths,and you lot going on about all this supposed bad thing i've meant to have done, I havent done anything,and I especially havent done anything dangerous and nor do I ever,so save it for the RGI'S that do the dangerous stuff and not me.
You dont need to tell me whats in the viper book-and last time I phoned CORGI with a technical question they were pretty helpful,or at least gave me a straight answer to a straight question,maybe thats the way to go and cut out all you do it alls-sorry,know it alls. :eek: And before you say 'this is a diy site' I know it is--so what? They got a pretty much rough deal from a lot of you 'experts ' as well. Not hard to look clever and important in front of DIY'ers is it?

For what its worth, I as a pretty newly qualified rgi who doesn't know half as much as I would like too, and who certainly couldn't even scratch the obvious knowledge of the likes of doitall kevplum chrisr etc. find these pages very helpful and informative, (a way of trying to gain some insights and experience by proxy if you like), however I am quite shocked by the reaction there has been to chr15s post especially by kevplum. It seems to me that he is an rgi, and by coming on here and asking an honest question about something he wasn't sure of he comes across to me as someone who is obviously quite conscientious, and in my opinion that is the main thing with anyone working on gas in peoples homes. A person who cares about what he is doing will take the trouble to try and find out what he needs to know, whereas there are many people working on gas, registered or not who don't give a s**t and still sleep well at night. There the ones who deserve all the flak not the likes of chr15 who perhaps like me may be a bit inexperienced but who at least are aware of the fact that they dont know everything, and are prepared to try to find out in order to do a proper job. At least thats the way he comes across to me, so I dont believe he deserves all of the derision he has been getting.

sooey said:
For what its worth, I as a pretty newly qualified rgi who doesn't know half as much as I would like too, and who certainly couldn't even scratch the obvious knowledge of the likes of doitall kevplum chrisr etc. find these pages very helpful and informative, (a way of trying to gain some insights and experience by proxy if you like), however I am quite shocked by the reaction there has been to chr15s post especially by kevplum. It seems to me that he is an rgi, and by coming on here and asking an honest question about something he wasn't sure of he comes across to me as someone who is obviously quite conscientious, and in my opinion that is the main thing with anyone working on gas in peoples homes. A person who cares about what he is doing will take the trouble to try and find out what he needs to know, whereas there are many people working on gas, registered or not who don't give a s**t and still sleep well at night. There the ones who deserve all the flak not the likes of chr15 who perhaps like me may be a bit inexperienced but who at least are aware of the fact that they dont know everything, and are prepared to try to find out in order to do a proper job. At least thats the way he comes across to me, so I dont believe he deserves all of the derision he has been getting.

sooey.

first thanks for the compliment, the regulars are indeed very knowledgeable, you and me would do well to listen to the advice they give, thats right even after 47.4 years you still learn new things, its what has made it enjoyable for all those years.

Right back to the problem :LOL:

To any RGI or Not as the case may be it should be ferkin obvious that if you are going to size a gas pipe then you have to take into consideration all the appliances, its one of the first things they teach you, and one of the first things you do when surveying the job to estimate the work. For the record the first thing you do if you turn up is do a soundness and letby test.

Having got this far the information is in the Viper book, with text, line drawings and examples. As a result the regulars naturally assumed rightly or wrongly that the poster was/is a complete plank.

To continue the arguement further, to say the least it has to be treading on dodgy ground legally, giving advice willy nilly on an open forum, and generally we don't or won't other than get an RGI, so nothing new there.

Somewhere there is a disclaimer that covers the above when you register

doitall said:
To any RGI or Not as the case may be it should be ferkin obvious that if you are going to size a gas pipe then you have to take into consideration all the appliances, its one of the first things they teach you, and one of the first things you do when surveying the job to estimate the work. For the record the first thing you do if you turn up is do a soundness and letby test.

Having got this far the information is in the Viper book, with text, line drawings and examples. As a result the regulars naturally assumed rightly or wrongly that the poster was/is a complete plank.

To continue the arguement further, to say the least it has to be treading on dodgy ground legally, giving advice willy nilly on an open forum, and generally we don't or won't other than get an RGI, so nothing new there.

Somewhere there is a disclaimer that covers the above when you register
I repeat yet again that all that still doesnt excuse your attitude towards someone asking a general question-dont care how long you've been in the FERKIN business,it aint taught you manners,unless you want to use them to influence other posters against the disagreement-as to planks-you must have a whole woodyard in your head when you still cant understand that anyone can have an off day, i bet you're the type of guy that treats apprentices like sh*te. :confused:

sooey said:
And thanks for that little bit of understanding,it says something doesn't it when a newcomer has the best attitude and manners compared to the guys who have been at it for decades. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back