commercial gas meter upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

we are taking over a new business. it currently has a u6 meter, and we have esablished it needs a u16. question is do we have to pay for this upgrade?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
yeah Youll have to pay, posible Serice Upgrade as well Big Money

youll have to get them to quote m8 , but i bet you dont get much change from it, if the service need renewing.

Sponsored Links
Done one other week 275 quid just for u6 into commercial premises. Most services should be capable of supplying a U16

hi

we are taking over a new business. it currently has a u6 meter, and we have esablished it needs a u16. question is do we have to pay for this upgrade?

thanks.

There are ways around upgrading the meter. Using flow switches to switch out some appliances when other are used to keep below the 6 cu mtrs is one, thermal storage is another. What appliances are you using?

hi

thanks.

There are ways around upgrading the meter. Using flow switches to switch out some appliances when other are used to keep below the 6 cu mtrs is one, thermal storage is another. What appliances are you using?
oh believe me we need a u16 lol....chip shop!! lol

Done one other week 275 quid just for u6 into commercial premises. Most services should be capable of supplying a U16

sorry to be a bit thick....but ...when you state "services should be capable of supplying"...what exactly do you mean?.do you mean for eg british gas can supply - for no charge ?... i dont want to pay to buy own meter "off our own back" (eg from BES) as i believe once we pay contractor to supply a u16 (eg british gas) any replacement in future wouldnt be a further cost to us...
its a rented commercial property - to be used as a chip shop = so defo need the u16 - (currently offices).

i believe best option for us it to pay the contractor...then like i say - future upgrades r then free...(unless someone can clarify any different) also - the pipe load may need upgrading and hear all kinds of debates regarding what size pipe is capable of delivering load to a u16....

the other day i spoke to men diggin up road (N grid) and asked what was goin on?.. - he said the load wasnt suitable for a private houses new boiler - so they replaced - for free - but is it different if not private?...

The meter is the property of the gas supplier. You can't just buy your own and have it fitted.
Ring your supplier or NG and get a price.

OP
By most services i mean the service pipe into the property .So you should not have the expense to have a larger service put in just the expense of up grading the meter which as the primary meter you cannot buy this yourself and must get the supplier to do it.

Meters are free for domestic and chargeable for commercial

OP
By most services i mean the service pipe into the property .So you should not have the expense to have a larger service put in just the expense of up grading the meter which as the primary meter you cannot buy this yourself and must get the supplier to do it.

Meters are free for domestic and chargeable for commercial

as i suspected - thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back