Commercial grill trips rcd? Help Needed please..

Not being 'pernickety' but is it not 20A for a dual socket? I'll update my head if I was wrong.

Thanks in advance, Dan.

I think we established a while ago, that the combined current limit on a twin outlet - depends up the name of the manufacturer. Some are limited to 20amps.

Sponsored Links
BS1363 requires double sockets to be loaded with 14A on one socket and 6A on the other for a total of 20A during type testing. I don't think it says anything about the appropriate load on a double socket in normal service. some manufacturer's

MK's data sheets list a maximum of "13A per socket outlet (except 3 gang which is 13 amp in total)" implying a total load pf 26A is ok, but a former member of this forum (I think it was fwl-engineer) posted a peice allegedly from a MK catalogue which contradicted this. I have also seen a claim that MK's technical datasheets are written by the marketing department!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back