Common household items you don't own?

Sponsored Links
Most of the things I don't own, I don't want.

But I cook a lot and am experimenting with curry, so I'd like a decent pestle and mortar.

I'd like a few half decent knives. I've been using a load of cheap bendy ones for decades and they are just awful. I don't honestly know how I've lived with them for so long.

I'd also like either:

A veggie chopper or mandolin

OR

A food processor that will chop, grate and slice.

I would really love an American style Fridge with an ice dispenser, but the Kitchen is on the last item on my list and there isn't quite enough room without extending as its next to the door and they are quite deep.

I miss my boiling water tap. My old place had a boiling water tap. A nice coffee machine would be great too. I'd like induction hob, again my old place had this in the open plan kitchen on the island.

Sponsored Links
Since my thicknesser died a few years ago, I haven't had another one and I miss it terribly.
The other day I saw some cowboys stripping oak joists off a property and I was tempted to take a few to build furniture but the thought of planing them without a thicknesser made me pass on that.
Shame all that beautiful wood to end up in the skip.

Salt and pepper pots.
Tea pot
Blinds
Matches
Toast rack
CD player or hifi. Got a radio but never use.
Wall lights
Bath mats
Going to buy tea strainer today as I was given some fancy tea to try.
No alcohol at the moment. Might buy some today.

That's some items we don't have

How did you get it over the wall without scratching ?
Put an old quilt on the wall. Four of us hoiked it up onto the wall then two fellas held it balanced. Two jumped over and it was fed across. They’re all packaged up in any case. No marks on the wall.:mrgreen:

Just make sure you have room for access. Ours came in over the garden wall and through the rear patio doors.

My neighbour's went in by lifting out a panel in his fence and carrying it through my garden.

I have subsequently built a carport and shed.

Sponsored Links
Back