Common negative supply rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Usually if I put a dialler in I connect to panels power supply but in manual it says if the communicator is powered from an external source and the outputs are being used without relays the panel and external powersupply will require a common negative supply rail

What do you have to do to common the negs ??

Sponsored Links
example if you had a remote power supply to run the speech unit you would have to link the 0v on the power supply to the 0v on the control panel.

Cheers for that sparkymarka
e
Went to a mates house to put dialler on yesterday was ok to run power from panel power supply. The alarm was installed by the builder.

The pir detectors are a little slow to respond as they are quite high up can see the wires hanging out from ceiling as they have to have the detectors lower than the ceiling as the ceilings are very high they are medusas but they pick the windows up ok

They used red for poss & blue for neg black & white for alarm, I thought it was common practice to use red and black for power I do this on all installs.

Oh and bt never install the phone line where requested the guy wanted it next to the panel. They installed it as further away as they could get it

Oh and the RKP was LED how much is it for accents LCD kit I hate programming LEDs LCD much easier good job I checked the zone programming all zones where on timed

And now I hate cable clips I find wire running to be the most time consuming part need a staple gun. :)

You use what colours you want, why use a common set so anyone can try and bypass?

If you tell BT where your want the socket then they fit it there.

Don`t you always check and test programming. Whatever the system?

Sponsored Links
Yes I will always check the programming even on a new intallation i double check. So i know all is working when i left.

As for wiring + Red - Black i would have thought this would be common knowledge for builder just look at a battery. Doesnt matter really all you have got to do is open up the panel to see whats what.

Doesnt really matter what colour the wires are for somebody to bypass the system they shouldnt be able to do this without setting off an alarm. If somebody wants to smash something off they will

I suspect the builder wired up the system and a Sparky just powered up the panel. Well at least i hope so . :)

Cheers for that sparkymarka
e

The pir detectors are a little slow to respond as they are quite high up can see the wires hanging out from ceiling as they have to have the detectors lower than the ceiling as the ceilings are very high they are medusas but they pick the windows up ok

Inside the PIR there should be a screw which can be used to set the range of the detector. Try moving the PCB up/down to adjust the range. There's also a pulse count selector, again try adjusting this if the detectors are slow to pick up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back