Complete central heating system upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Big Burner wrote:

high flow multi point water heaters like the Rinnai and Andrews which are cheaper than unvented cylinders and outperform them

Big Burner (if that is what you now call yourself on DIYnot) which single Rinnai water heater can outperform an unvented cylinder?

Big Burner wrote:

high flow multi point water heaters like the Rinnai and Andrews which are cheaper than unvented cylinders and outperform them

Big Burner (if that is what you now call yourself on DIYnot) which single Rinnai water heater can outperform an unvented cylinder?

I do go by the name of Big Burner, it says on the top. :)

Go to Rinnai and Andrews and take your pick. A Mikrofill Ethos 54 kw combi and a Eco-Hometec combi will outperform most unvented cylinders.

The great thing about instant water heaters is that you can stay in the shower for ever. An instant water heater or combi can deliver 20 litres per minute for 30 minutes. That is 600 litres. How much would a 600 litre unvented cylinder cost? £2K? More? Most probably. No contest. You can buy two Rinnais for one 600 litre Unvented cylinder.

Instant water heating is great for body jet showers and these are becoming the norm and even B&Q sell them.

Instant water heating is extensively used in commercial applications as stored water just cannot compete in the litres delivered for long periods. The cylinder sizes would be colossal, not to mention the cost. Banks of Rinnai and Andrews multi-points are common in fast food outlets.

BB said:
If a combi is down an in-line electric instantaneous heater can be fitted. When off the hot water from the combi just runs through it. It will just do two taps and give a shower.
What would you use for that??

---------------------------
SimonD said:
nothing will beat a DualStream in a domestic environment.
Oh save us the lies, please.
Suppose he has 1.5bar mains?
To all readers - treat SimonD's utterings with caution.
He has a thing about Dualstream which pessesses him with the Drivel.
A vision of a guy on a one-trick pony, and spurs, wouldn't be out of place.

Sponsored Links
BB said:
If a combi is down an in-line electric instantaneous heater can be fitted. When off the hot water from the combi just runs through it. It will just do two taps and give a shower.
What would you use for that??

For backup only. When the combi is down you switch this on. I have fitted them serving the basin tap, shower and kitchen tap. In reality the kitchen tap need not be used as most people have dishwashers and an electric kettle is good enough for a sink of water.

Different name same old b*****ks. The fact you're still around clearly indicates your wartime duty didn't include undercover operations behind enemy lines.

Different name same old b*****ks. The fact you're still around clearly indicates your wartime duty didn't include undercover operations behind enemy lines.

You are a very confused person. Best you keep on the thread topic, as you are wasting space.

Best you keep on the thread topic, as you are wasting space.

PS there is no thread topic it's another one about pricing up a job with no technical application question in the initial post.

As for wasting space most of it is already taken up with your aliases.

Best you keep on the thread topic, as you are wasting space.

PS there is no thread topic it's another one about pricing up a job with no technical application question in the initial post.

As for wasting space most of it is already taken up with your aliases.

Are must be some sort of nut. This thread is full of people accusing others of being other people. The forum is about heating and plumbing not tittle tattle.

Are must be some sort of nut. This thread is full of people accusing others of being other people. The forum is about heating and plumbing not tittle tattle.

No not people accusing others, just you, and it's because you make such a s*** job of hiding your former identities.

I think BB is Doctor Drivel, but possibly on medication. He's not quite as acerbic as before.

Perhaps he can be rehabilitated?

Or maybe the Wi-Fi will pack up in his nursing home?

I think BB is Doctor Drivel, but possibly on medication. He's not quite as acerbic as before.

Perhaps he can be rehabilitated?

Or maybe the Wi-Fi will pack up in his nursing home?

What a hoot! :) :) Well the Internet does have 'em!

For backup only. When the combi is down you switch this on. I have fitted them serving the basin tap, shower and kitchen tap. In reality the kitchen tap need not be used as most people have dishwashers and an electric kettle is good enough for a sink of water.

If you are really DD or WS then as you know you are an ex design engineer and you have never installed anything yourself personally.

Just how can an electric instant heater perform like a combi unless it was 30 kW and on a three phase supply?

Tony

If you are really DD or WS then as you know you are an ex design engineer and you have never installed anything yourself personally.

Just how can an electric instant heater perform like a combi unless it was 30 kW and on a three phase supply?

Tony

I am not a design engineer, or these people you are on about, although I design heating systems using the products available on the market.

If you read properly you would have seen that I wrote that this was for limited backup purposes only. To give a shower that gets you wet and supply one or two taps until the combi is back up. It is quite common to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back