heating and hot water circuit layout

Sponsored Links
MOD 2

so say it on here and i will laugh my edit key off

Mmm you are either the Monkeyhanger, Tony Agile or DoitAll. A Corgi shark. A DIY forum that forbids legal DIY gas work. What a highjack.

Water Systems said:
A DIY forum that forbids legal DIY gas work.
You seem to be conveniently ignoring, once again, the fact that the issue of DIY gas work was discussed, at length, many times, before you joined the forum.

What you're peddling is old news - the general objection is to the way that you do it, because you seem incapable of stating the law without incorporating criticism of CORGI and its members, even though CORGI and its members have nothing to do with DIY gas work.

It's this apparent inability of yours (to discriminate between things that are relevant and factual and things that are your private obsession) that creates the impression that you're nothing more than a nutter.

Very succinctly put! More polite and carefully written than I would have been able to do.

I listen to Radio 4 for quite a lot of the day when driving and I hear a lot of older people who talk intelligently, politely and with many years of experience of life and the world.

Then when I get home at 2330 last night and 2250 tonight, I sign in to some forums for relaxation and see .........................

Then I go and watch a Bollywood movie to feed my dreams.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Water Systems said:
A DIY forum that forbids legal DIY gas work.
You seem to be conveniently ignoring, once again, the fact that the issue of DIY gas work was discussed, at length, many times, before you joined the forum.

No doubt and concluded wrongly.

What you're peddling is old news - the general objection is to the way that you do it, because you seem incapable of stating the law without incorporating criticism of CORGI and its members, even though CORGI and its members have nothing to do with DIY gas work.

Why do they all say it is illegal then? This jug Tony Agile wrote on Screwfix about a Corgi legally unable to commission a DIY installation.

We laughed our willies off of course.

The rest is silly so I will have to snip it

<snip silly things>

Water Systems said:
Softus said:
No doubt and concluded wrongly.
Well, since it's an irrefutable fact that it was discussed before you joined, the only part I can be wrong about is saying that you're ignoring that fact.

If so, then it's true to say that you're behaving exactly like someone who is ignoring it, so it amounts to the same thing.

Why do they all say it is illegal then?
Firstly, to take you seriously for a minute, "they" don't "all" say that it's illegal. There are plenty of RGIs on this forum who simply ignore you, or sit on their hands, when you criticise them, and I have to admire their restraint.

Secondly, for those who voice an opinion, or interpretation of the law, it's frequently (and I've seen it, so don't tell me it isn't) because they are concerned, as all of us are, that an amateur is about to get themselves into hot water (pun intended).

With careful wording and a discouraging manner, it's possible to sort out those can sensibly tackle a job on a boiler from those who shouldn't even try. If you tell all and sundry that DIY gas work is legal (which is what you do in your signature), then you aren't being responsible because you aren't discriminating.

The rest is silly so I will have to snip it.
You're at liberty to disagree, but "snipping" doesn't remove the words in my post or the thoughts in other people's minds.

If you don't want to be seen as a nutter, then stop telling everyone who disagrees with you that they're wrong/silly/incompetent/lying/incapable of reading/understanding words, and start listening to the reasoned arguments being put to you.

Agile said:
More polite...
Agile, I'm really not sure I can handle it when you call me polite. ;)

Ah, then mebbee you should take a diversion and watch the delightful Shilpa on CBB. :D

Softus said:
Agile said:
More polite...
Agile, I'm really not sure I can handle it when you call me polite. ;)

Ah, then mebbee you should take a diversion and watch the delightful Shilpa on CBB. :D

Agile ® and Softus ©

Being civil with each other :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is it your New Years Disillusion or something? :?: :confused:

Thanks for that guys

I have been working with the BCO throughout the project and he is happy with what i have done so far. He seems go by the rule that there are always alternative ways of doing things than those detailed in building regs, so long as they are fit for purpose.

Back to my system, i already have an Ariston Aco system 32 boiler which i have hung on the wall. and i alread have a Range unvented cyliner on order. My intention is to run all the pipes around the house, connect rads, connect all baths, sinks, showers, toilets etc to hot cold and waste.
I also intend to connect all water pipes to the boiler and cylinder and have spoken to a plumber who has agreed to test it all when done. (firend of a firend). I need to lay a new gas pipe throught he house form my new gas meter which is agreed to pressure test for me but i think i shall just get him to install this. More because of time than anything and the wife nagging about wanting hot water again after a year without.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back