Complete Kitchen Refit

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway. I just wanted to know if there was anything in the regs that limited how close to the ceiling a socket could be.

Anyway, I've had another thought. I could have the cable exit the wall and just have the socket surface mounted on the top of the cabinet.

Have the guy install it rotated through 90°.
As the socket will be concealed it can be on a surface mounted box on the wall. This might help location if its on a stud partition.
(just noticed you beat me to it) ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I would just like to thank everyone who helped out here with advice and ideas. The electrician has been today and wired up the new kitchen ring main and tested etc. He also moved some existing circuits from an old Wylex fuse wire type board up to the newer consumer unit which was fitted eight years ago when we had an extension built.

So now all the house circuits are on the one consumer unit and everything has been tested and we have a seperate ring main in the kitchen. So I am very happy indeed. :D

Thanks again all

Russell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back