Complete novice - Sink Waste pipe has mind of its own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This pipe has always been a pain, it 'drops' where the blue ring shows. I've tried adding a new rubber ring inside before, now it's dropped again. Is there some sort of adhesive that I could use to 'jam' the two pipes together completely. Fed up with standing in water when I'm washing up.

Any constructive advice would be very welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Your best bet for a proper fix is to replace the sink waste assembly with a decent one (McAlpine). Your picture doesn't show enough to say exactly what you'd need but if you take a better pic along to a plumbers merchant, they should be able to sort you out. Some cheap wastes, especially those bundled in when you buy a sink, are not fit for purpose.

Thanks, I think you're right. I'll do measurements & photos & see what happens tomorrow.

And while you're at it, replace the bottle trap with a P trap. Much better for a kitchen sink and less likely to get blocked.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's space for one of those. The Bottle Trap seemed to be the only one that would fit, from memory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back