Component wiring polarity question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, I've got a suppressor on a piece of equipment that has blown, I've received the replacement suppressor but the wiring format is slightly different (attached).
The new model has P(DC+) and P'(DC+') whereas the old one has L1 and L2.

Am I correct in thinking
L1 = P(DC+)
L2 = P'(DC+')

?

Sponsored Links
The new model has P(DC+) and P'(DC+') whereas the old one has L1 and L2. Am I correct in thinking .... L1 = P(DC+) .... L2 = P'(DC+') ?
The meanings of P(DC+) and P'(DC+') are clear enough from your photo, but we have no way of knowing what the old one's L1 and L2 referred to.

What about the other two terminals [ N(DC-) and N'(DC-') ]? Did your old suppressor have corresponding terminals with wires attached to them?

Kind Regards, John

upload_2018-5-15_14-35-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-15_12-31-59.png
    upload_2018-5-15_12-31-59.png
    686.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Yes, that's correct John (re. negative terminals). On the old suppressor, the cable used for L2 was lacquered (as was the N3) so I thought I could tie them up by process of elimination.

Sheds - AC/DC issue? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Apologies for any confusion I may have created. Due to some vagaries of this site, the first image was not visible to me in the original post, but I do see it in BAS's reproduction of the images.

As for the point which has been highlighted, both the old and new suppressors are rated for 250V 50/60Hz (AC). The fact that the new one also gives a DC rating does not alter its suitability.

Kind Regards, John

No worries John - yes, I saw it's also had AC so didn't think DC rating effected matters.

Sheds - does that mean the part is not a compatible replacement?

I would venture to suggest that if weserv cannot serve GIFs then the problem is weserv.

Whatever, I still don't really understand the "FGS" comment which accompanied the image in question.

Self-admonition for somehow not seeing the AC rating on the device, and somehow only seeing "250VDC".

Image:

upload_2018-5-15_14-34-4.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back