composite door and frame?

bmx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi looking for a composite door and frame to self fit. i would like a frame with 2 sidelights intergrated as you would with a upvc, but i fear that they would need to be 2 seperate frames. can i use the upvc frame to hang a composite door?

Sponsored Links
Integrated side panels depend on the size and what type of threshold you go for. I think it is possible to have integrated side lights. How wide do you want each panel?

Composite doors are second only to rice-paper ones for poor durability.

I doubt any last more than 3 years until they start to de-laminate on the edges and the core swells

Integrated side panels depend on the size and what type of threshold you go for. I think it is possible to have integrated side lights. How wide do you want each panel?

the width needs to be 1640mm by 2060mm high

Sponsored Links
I disagree with you Woody.

Our composite doors are being tested to the highest levels. All ready-to-install composite doors will conform to PAS23 and PAS24 as standard.

And with a simple upgrade of flag hinges the composite will offer the Kitemark - the top test for doors. These doors will also carry the annexe D accreditation that tests the continued operability of the door after a simulated aging process. The new TDS standard, with the gusting test, have also been included.

Also with them being GRP faced doors they dont require repainting every 5 years, they've been awarded an life expectancy without maintenance of 33 years. Destoys any other type of door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back