1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Composite door help

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by Hamza, 31 Aug 2021.

1. Hamza

Hamza

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all.

I’m new to this forum and was hoping to get some advice with a new composite door I fitted.

the door seems to be catching the frame at the bottom corner. I have watched videos online on how to adjust the frame but the hinges don’t seem to have any Allen key points.

I have attached a couple of photos for reference.

Any help with me greatly appreciated!

thank you.

Attached Files:

2. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The Allen key points (which are easy to see on your photo’s) are in the middle of the hinge. Whether they’re adjusting points though I don’t know.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Hamza

Hamza

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the message. I’ve tried those points, they don’t adjust the door unfortunately.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ronniecabers

ronniecabers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Using the picture with four screws visible ... firstly mark where they are now ( a reset point if all goes wrong ). You should need to adjust top and bottom hinge . Undo and remove screws 1 and 3 ( counting from top ) . Loosen but DO NOT remove 2 and 4 , the door can physically be moved whilst 2 and 4 are loose . Retighten 2 and 4 and check it is closing correctly , readjust if needed , refit 1 and 3 . Personally I think these types of hinges are rather stupid!

6. Sponsored Links