Composite door quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I'm about to order a new front door to replace old wooden one. I'm wondering if there are big differences in quality or all composite doors are similar? Is it worth paying more for timber composite door? can anyone recommend a manufacturer/installer? I spoke to the guy who repaired my window and he keeps saying composite door hinges sometimes drop and it's difficult to fix. He recommended upvc over composite in terms of maintenance.
Any advice appreciated.
thanks

Sponsored Links
We replaced a 40 mm old wooden front door with a 80 mm aluminium one. What a difference. It has the look of oak, but you can have it in any form, texture or shape. It is fully insulated, triple glazed and has multiple rebates. It has also got multipoint locking. The sales team showed me a picture where some idiot tried to ram-raid a house with a range rover with one of their doors fitted and the door held.
And we do have anymore maintenance issues now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back