Composite door side light/panel fit question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just fit a new composite door with side light, where the two frames couple together.
All fits well and door opens and closes nice.

But the side panel is a composite section including glazing fits into the frame unlike a glazing panel. It appears to 'snap fit 'in, but I just can't seem to get it to fit correctly so, it appears to bow the frame out a little towards the door.

I was expecting it to fit like a glazing panel, but it is meant to click or snap in with draft blushes on the inside. Strange fit.

Manufacturer is 'Door Stop'

Any ideas folks?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
I spoke to the supplier and they gave Door Stop a call and they said it should just push in and clip in place.

Its not that great to be honest and I would not have another composite slab/panel in the side light frame. I would either consider and entire glazing panel or ditch the side and brick it up. I really dont see the point on composite side panels in place of a glazing panel.

Sorry, I havent got a photo, but from the inside it looks like the door does, shut in the frame with draught brushes around the frame.

Heres an image from the internet showing the type of composite panel

http://www.frontdoors.uk.com/image/images/side panel_500x576.jpg

and from the inside, just imagine the door. No 'glazing' beads like I were expecting. Its pretty poor to be honest, as when it 'relaxes', there'll be no stopping draughts as there's no adjusting it like there is with the door. Wouldn't have or fit another.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I've just fit a new composite door with side light, where the two frames couple together.
All fits well and door opens and closes nice.

But the side panel is a composite section including glazing fits into the frame unlike a glazing panel. It appears to 'snap fit 'in, but I just can't seem to get it to fit correctly so, it appears to bow the frame out a little towards the door.

I was expecting it to fit like a glazing panel, but it is meant to click or snap in with draft blushes on the inside. Strange fit.

Manufacturer is 'Door Stop'

Any ideas folks?

Thanks very much.

Is the frame against the wall plumb? If there is a slight bow on the wall side, that will cause the composite side screen slab to bow out the frame on the door side. As long as you've got all the frame uprights plumb the side panels should clip in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back