compression fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,Has anyone got any ideas where i can get a brass straight reducing compression fitting from 16mm dia to 15mm dia.I have one left but want to get my hands on some more

Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
16mm should be OD of 3/8" nominal plastic or poly pipe. I think Yorkshire (Kuterlite) might do a 3/8" poly to 15mm compression fitting, but at a price. Why do you need 16mm?

I have got 1 left which is 16mm to 15 mm,the house im in has used bloody marley blue plastic pipe which is 16mm all over the house on cold supply and i dont fancy ripping all the flooring up and replacing the lot.Its def easier using a compression fitting just above ground level lol

Thanks

pincher said:
I have got 1 left which is 16mm to 15 mm,the house im in has used b****y marley blue plastic pipe which is 16mm all over the house on cold supply and i dont fancy ripping all the flooring up and replacing the lot.Its def easier using a compression fitting just above ground level lol

Thanks
Marley blue plastic :?: not heard of that...any chance of a pic?

Sponsored Links
DSCF0032.jpg
[/img]

thats better,worked that time lol :LOL:

What's th i.d.? Unipipe ends would fit if it's 12, and take you straight into a 15mm compression body.

its 12mm,how do the unipipe ends work??
and would they be ok under mains pressure???

thanks

hi, i had the same problem last week as a customer had a broken pipe which happened to be that horrible marley blue, no fittings on the market fit it correctly and it will take three weeks before proper parts get here so i had tooo file it down and bang on a speedfit coupler just so they could have water, apparently this stuff is now over thirty years old and spares are virtually none existent i've tried the kuterlite range and they dont fit we had around 15 plumber mates come round with all there fittings trialing and erroring before i decided just to file away... let me know if you get any cheers

16mm to 15mm straight couplers, I have some of these I'm sure I obtained them about 2 years ago on a job were I used them to covert from some old imperial copper pipe to modern 15mm.

brumylad said:
16mm to 15mm straight couplers, I have some of these I'm sure I obtained them about 2 years ago on a job were I used them to covert from some old imperial copper pipe to modern 15mm.

lol yeah i got some about 2 years ago,got one left,cant rem where i got them.ive bored out a couple of 15mm straight compression fittings on one end to 16mm.going to to put that on,then release the nut and add a touch of epoxy around the olive and re-lock it up.hopefully be ok or im in the **** lol :LOL:

pincher said:
thanks chris but they havent got 16mm or 5/8 either
Pincher, if you read my first post, you'll see that 3/8" nominal poly is 16mm OD.

But if you don't want to spend £8 on it, you might be able to adapt an old style Hep2o fitting by filing out the retaining nut to 16mm OD. You may then find that the body, grab ring and O ring will accept 16mm. It worked for me anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back