compression fittings

Pincher, if you read my first post, you'll see that 3/8" nominal poly is 16mm OD.

now im confused???if 3/8 is nominally 16 O/D then whatS the 15 mm??? nominally 9mm O/D ????

i think the 3/8 nominally 16mm O/D only accounts to thread ie BSP.I think in this case the 3/8 means 3/8 O/D pipe to 15mm O/D pipe.I may have completely lost it.but thats what it says in my zeuz book

How do the unipipe ends work chris?????

Sponsored Links
Lol sorry its a engineering bible,has all threads,angles,tapping sizes ect in.
I programme a 9 axis turning centre so ive always got my head stuck in the bible lol

Funny that there doesn't appear to be anything about it on the internet. Anyway if you prefer to follow your bible rather than my advice, good luck to you. I've obviously been wasting my time trying to help.

Sponsored Links
The spigot (with O ring) of Unipipe fittings goes INTO, not OVER, the end of the pipe. There is a collar that is swaged tight over the end of the pipe to compress it onto the spigot and lock everything together.

I'd hesistate to use it in this case: chances are the ID of the pipe is not the same as Unipipe and / or the swage will be too tight or too slack (the special swage tool has only one setting.

And anyway, unless you've already got the tool and porbably tried this as a solution already, it's too expensive: tool >£200.

chrishutt said:
Funny that there doesn't appear to be anything about it on the internet. Anyway if you prefer to follow your bible rather than my advice, good luck to you. I've obviously been wasting my time trying to help.

sorry chris spelt that one wrong its zeus lol

http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/MISZCC.html

and i wasnt being funny,just didnt want to wait and pay £7 odd for something that might not fit,so was checking if it was o/d of 3/8 or actual 3/8 of the thread size,

thanks croydoncorgi for info and yes you guess right about the £200.the 15mm fittings i bored out to 16mm have actually worked with no leaks.so if anyone comes across same prob,just get 15mm compression fittings and get someone to bore it out to 16.1mm,ie the actual fitting,olive and nut in one go,takes 10 mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back