Compressor central heating - breaking every week or so

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my gfs father has had a compressor type central heating installed.
It works for a few days. Packs in. Engineer calls after days without heating. Gets it going. Few days later packs in again. It’s only 2 or 3 months old. Total garbage. Looks like he didn’t pay via card.
What do people think of these systems? I think he was told it is government backed etc
Not sure who to complain to.
Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I know I don't ever want to see a Worcester one again. I quite like the Daikin ones though.

Don't know much about those, except the 2 I've seen were very loud in operation.

Threaten the company with hell if they don't fix it, and tell them you want it removed and a refund given if they can't get it working properly. Tell them you'll do them for manslaughter if your father dies because of lack of heating. Tell them you want a site meeting with one of the directors to explain the faulty goods, and what they intend to do to get it working properly.

Threaten to reject it under the sale of good act.

[QUOTE="
Any help appreciated[/QUOTE]

I'd start with Trading Standards if you dont get any joy from the installers.

my gfs father has had a compressor type central heating installed.
It works for a few days. Packs in. Engineer calls after days without heating. Gets it going. Few days later packs in again. It’s only 2 or 3 months old. Total garbage. Looks like he didn’t pay via card.
What do people think of these systems? I think he was told it is government backed etc
Any help appreciated

I'd go to Trading Standards if you dont get any joy from the installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back