Baxi combi boiler 130 HE brokedown 6 times in 6 weeks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 9 year old boiler has been fine until BG last annual inspection last December. they reported that everything was Ok with the boiler, but soon after, it broke down. They changed the plate heat exchanger/diverter. 2 days later it broke down again, BG came along and changed the plate heat exchanger again. 6 days later it broke down again, this time BG changed the diverter valve. 2 days later it was broken again, and BG changed the N.T.C., when it broke again a few days later BG handed it over to Heateam, the manufacturer´s engineers, that came along and said that be boiler was in perfect conditions. When it broke down for the 6th time I called an independent engineer "wefixnow" that said again that he couldn't figure it out why the boiler was keeping breaking down and suggested a boiler replacement on the grounds that this one is too costly to maintain.
Lately I have central heating but the hot water comes and goes, most of the times its enough for me to have a shower but not for my partner, also when the hot water stops there is no error on the display just the number 12

please advise

Sponsored Links
If you have central heating, then the boiler is firing at least. If it's not diverting properly, I would say there are more things to check than changing the diverter valve on this model. Did they change the diverter head or check the DHW flow switch? Even the pcbs could be causing problems. This was a flagship Baxi boiler, and has a lot of sensors and electronics.
Changing parts willy nilly might eventually solve the problem, but changing the same ones twice won't. More investigation needed.
It's unusual for Heateam not to get to the root of the problem. And you need to gather as much info for the engineer as you can, intermittent faults are hard to find by definition.
In my experience, these boilers are very reliable.
Get Heateam back, or a RGI in with a decent reputation, I wouldn't be replacing this boiler just yet.

In fact, Tony (Agile) is London based, and he'll be looking at these posts some time today. Get him to look at it, he likes a challenge and knows his stuff.

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back