Ferroli boilers - any one else had trouble with service?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Ferroli Optimax boiler installed in October. 6 weeks later it broke. The Ferroli customer services were completely unhelpful and refused to send an engineer out at a time I could make. This put me out of pocket.
Even after the engineer had been out it broke again (ironically it was the engineers fault!) and I had to get an independant plumber (on a sunday) to come out to fix it.
Therefore 2 months down the line I am out of pocket with a boiler I don't trust and a Ferroli customer service that is diabolical.
My question is - Is there any boiler company whose customer service you would recommend? and whose boiler reliability you would recommend?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Worcester Bosch customer service is second to none and thier boilers are very reliable. I've fitted about fifteen in the past year and a bit and had not one single problem ,touch wood,so far.

On the other hand I fitted about 30 Vokera/Sabre boilers in a similar time frame and had about 35% of these fail with Vokera's customer service diabolical however thier engineers are ,by and large, excellent if you can get one out that is.

I had a Ferroli Optimax boiler installed in October. 6 weeks later it broke. The Ferroli customer services were completely unhelpful and refused to send an engineer out at a time I could make. This put me out of pocket.
Even after the engineer had been out it broke again (ironically it was the engineers fault!) and I had to get an independant plumber (on a sunday) to come out to fix it.
Therefore 2 months down the line I am out of pocket with a boiler I don't trust and a Ferroli customer service that is diabolical.
My question is - Is there any boiler company whose customer service you would recommend? and whose boiler reliability you would recommend?

thanks

what sort of timeslots were you offered that left you out of pocket :?: :confused: and wht did the engineer break?

Ferroli expected me to be in between 8am and 4pm (no more specific time given). This is the exact time I need to be in work.
The engineer only fitted the part he fixed finger tight so it started leaking inside the boiler from the joint.

Sponsored Links
Do you really think that any manufacturer is going to come out to you for a warrantee call outside normal working hours?

I will often go during the early evening to help GENUINE polite people who have had a boiler installed by a competent CORGI installer.

I will also telephone say 30-60 minutes before I am likely to get there to allow them to get home from work etc.

Tony

It was installed by a Corgi plumber. One who was extremely helpful and polite and I would recommend in an instant.
The fault was internal to the boiler therefore a Ferroli factory problem. The boiler was 6 weeks old, therefore I would have thought Ferroli would have paid their own plumbers overtime to fix an embarrassing problem.
The engineer did not phone prior to arrival, therefore we had no knowledge of his time of arrival.

It sounds as if it was a simple sensor failed.

If I had fitted a boiler and anything failed then I would fix the fault myself for my customer during the evening or weekend. I carry all common sensors so would then just reclaim a replacement part from the manufacturer. ( Unless it was Ariston who are very difficult to deal with ! They are welcome to contact me but they dont bother ! I now never recommend anyone to fit their products. )

I appreciate than many installers are not so concerned about their customers and prefer to relax at home instead.

Tony Glazier

I commissioned a Ferroli Optimax last week. I have to say compared to Atags which are the only ones I will install now it was a bit basic to say the least. I don't think I would fit one out of choice. They say they have a 5 year warranty, but so what if they can't support this?

I do hope that you are not commissioning it and then notifying it to CORGI as if it was your install !

Which is illegal and supports the unregistered!

Tony

Thanks Agile - to be fair the plumber would have fixed it but it invalidates the warranty and I need that for the future.
If it had been a DVD player and it had broken after 6 weeks I would have taken it back to the shop, but with a boiler it is a little difficult to do this.

There has been a problem with diverter valves, to be honist I have been happy with the Ferroli engineers in the Lancashire/Cumbria area, they are extremely helpful.

I had a key to the property so with an hours notice I was able to be on site when the repair was carried out.

Tim

Not sure who the last comment is aimed at but I couldn't install a boiler even if I wanted to! Let me assure you it was a Corgi registered plumber who installed it and it was a Ferroli factory fault after 6 weeks with a Ferroli engineer (I assume Corgi registered- they provided them) who did not fix the original fault properly.

With the sole exception of Ariston, I have not found any manufacturer who would not assist if I wanted to solve a warrantee issue quicker than their own engineer could attend.

In any case its easy for the installer to put the replacement part in place and then just swap it for the faulty part on the day the manufacturers engineer is coming.

Tony

I might agree with you but with my experience of Ferroli customer service then I am not convinced. I can't loose sight of the fact that a 6 week old boiler should not have broken down in the first place and if it does then the paying customer shouldn't be inconvenienced when getting it fixed.
Nice talking to you this evening - I must go now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back