ferroli 701 CH boiler

OAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Please help a confused Pensioner,
Having just had my ferroli 701 CH boiler serviced, I mentioned to the service engineer, that the Central heating was not heating the house
to the required temprature, his reply was that he could see no reason
why this was so except that as the outside temprature was very low
he would expect the inside tempature to be lower.IE with the room
stat set for 20deg if the outside temp is say 10deg then the room will
be 20deg but when the outside temprature falls below 0deg the the
room temprature will not be 20deg but somewhat lower. a statement I find difficult to accept.
I pointed out that the circulating water gauge on the boiler front now only reachs 50degs then gas flame goes out when itnormaly reached 65degs, again he said that was due to the low outside tempratures we are experiancing, incidentaly the engineer was a ferroli credited engineer.

The advice I require is 1 Are these statments correct and there is no fault

2 Is the Reason Because the Boiler Is Faulty

if the reason is 2 I think I need to contact a new engineer

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sponsored Links
When it's colder outside it will take longer to satisfy the room stat (as I'm sure you realise) but the boiler should continue to fire until the room stat is satisfied.
The temp indicated on the boiler is controlled by a knob on the front of the boiler. If this is set at a position where previously 65deg was indicated but it now says 50degs then there is probably a fault on the boiler stat.

You need to get someone to confirm this. Try turning up the boiler stat, it may have been inadvertantly turned down.

The boiler should be able to produce a flow temp of 80 C after the rads have heated up.

I am not impressed by the eng.

But perhaps you asked for a service when it needed a repair ???

Tony

Hi both
Thanks for the replys, the engineer was called in to sort the problem
but said there was no problem, and carried out a service, as part of the
callout, I have turned up the control on the front from its normal setting about 1/2 way to about 3/4s its made no differance, I suspect that the
control variable resistor or one of the temprature sensors maybe faulty,
sadly Altho I was a sevice engineer on pilot ignition systems for large Industrial burners, I am no longer able to work on systems (eyesight Problems)
again thanks I will try to find a new service Engineer

Sponsored Links
I would expect its a limited power output caused by a miss set gas control or valve.

But needs a competent engineer.

If you said your postcode someone here might be able to help.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back