computer software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi......... i'm getting error messages when i try to burn a movie on my computer, one of them is dvd burner dirty. i am tempted to try a dvd burner cleaning disk but am getting different advice from internet. anyone know anything about this ?
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
You say error messages - could you supply the exact error messages and error code number including the dvd burner message reported here?

What software and version are you using to burn DVD?

What is the DVD - Manufacturer and model number?

Which DVD media are you using?

Cleaning the lens of the DVD burner may help Here - but the problem could be related to other issues!

hi Tony.........
dvd disk ARITA dvd-r inkjet white
burn program CONVERTX TO DVD 3
error codes
BURN: write error-code 030c 00 ( write error) info 0-csi0
BURN: at sector 653360 (16) - recover sequence started
BURN: write error at 645360 (16) code 05 21 00 ( illegal request LBA out of range )
BURN: write failed : write error occured at 264 % of write.

this time " dvd burner dirty " did not come up
mickcoulson

Have to say I am not 100% sure what the problem is but have a few things that need clarification - and a few suggestions !

What is your DVD burner - Manufacturer and Model number?
Have you updated firmware?

Have you had any success previously burning DVD's?

My guess at this time is that either DMA not set or poor quality media or burn speed set too high - or a combination of the above.

Have you enabled DMA for the DVD? You can check in XP by:
1. Control Pane/ click on System then Hardware tab Select Device Manager
2. Click on the plus sign [+] next to the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
Double click on the Primary IDE Channel to display the Primary IDE Properties then click on the Advanced Settings Tab. Set to DMA if available
Device 1, ensure that the Transfer Mode: selection is also set to DMA if available.
Click ok to save then do the same for Secondary IDE channel to set DMA if available.

Suggest that you try a different quality DVD media perhaps Verbatim or similar.

Try setting the burn speed to the lowest setting (I know its a pain to wait but may help)

Sponsored Links
thanks tony, i did what you said, changed dvd disks and set the device manager setting and it seems to be working ok
cheers,
mickcoulson

in the options of covertX change the burn speed to 4x, it frequently fails on more than that for me, on various machines.
for data 16x seems fine, but for reliable video copies, 4x seems to be the max.

not sure on the quality of the ARITA discs, I always use maxell (both DVD and CDR), not had any problems

Back