Concealed Cistern - 3ft to side of pan - will this work ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to start re-fitting my ensuite and I'm looking to replace the existing toilet with a back to wall pan and a concealed cistern.

Due to the layout of the room, I would like to place the concealed cistern to the side of the pan - about 3ft away - see photo below! (This will tuck behind a false wall next to my shower). There is the room to position the cistern at any height (to compensate for any loss of pressure due to the location). I intend using a pneumatic flush button.

A few Q's regarding this if I may...

1). Will this set-up work...? Or will I have 'flush' problems?

2). Are there any particular makes / models that would be best suited to this application? (Ideally a slim model - 150mm max depth, but would prefer 120mm or less for access reasons).

3). Will there be any issues with the flush pipe...? Are they standard sizes so I can make up the run (inc 2 x right angles) with supplies from my local plumbers merchant?

4). Any gotchas I should look out for...?

Thanks in advance for your help - it's really appreciated!

Cheers,

Noswar

Sponsored Links
I'm no flush expert but I would have thought it would weaken the flush.

If you're putting a full-height false wall in I would suggest that you mount the cistern at reasonably high level to compensate for the resistance caused by having extra elbows on the flush pipe. Use glued pipe and fittings on the flush pipe, compression/push-fit may fall off sooner or later and then you'll have a flood behind your wall. Use 45º bends, seperated as much as possible, rather than 90º elbows to reduce resistance. You'll probably have to discard the supplied flush pipe and make a new one from scratch, 1 1/2" solvent weld waste should fit into the bottom of the cistern without too many problems.

You will need to provide a means of permanent access to the cistern for maintenance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back