Toilet pan poor flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently moved in to a property, we noticed one of the toilets was not flushing properly.
I put this down to an aging pneumatic operated cistern, so replaced it with a new mechanical flush concealed cistern yesterday.
However... The flush is still no more effective, and I wonder whether there is a fault or obstruction within the pan that is restricting how quickly the water can get in?
Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Are you saying the flush does not remove your turds ? Or something else.
Indeed. Persistent floaters. I'm trying to eat something heavier, but in the meantime...
I don't think it's a restriction on the outlet, as the water level doesn't rise appreciably in the pan...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the cistern is of 6L flush capacity,your pan could be designed for 9L or more But it should just about work

Sounds like the cistern is of 6L flush capacity,your pan could be designed for 9L or more But it should just about work
Ta.
Something to look at. It's certainly a 6l flush, but I've no idea about the pan. If I can't sorry it, it's getting swapped anyway!

Most of the modern pans have a small diameter at the water seal position.

That enables the 6 li flush to create a faster velocity and flush out the pan contents.

Could it be one of those pans with a double inlet, I forget the name now but they had a Syphonic Bomb in them or something.

Plenty of 12L + cistern/pan combinations available.

Just ask at your local plumbing merchants (not a shed) or goggle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back