1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Concealed cisterns

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Fallout, 29 Dec 2020.

1. Fallout

Fallout

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Anyone had much to do with the toilet concealed cisterns were the panels aren't removed by pulling upwards. But you have to remove the toilet as the panel is removed by pulling forward. Is there a trick to getting the flush pipes to stay rigid in place as pushed back. As you cant get in to hold it etc as the panel is already fixed before pushing the toilet back. Obviously the waste outlet is on a flexi.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What a stupid design they are. Have had to fit timber support behind the flush pipe ( vertical section) to prevent strain on the cistern,and keep the flush pipe rigid. One I did came with a metal clamp and bracket ,but can't remember what make it was ,and haven't seen one like it since !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I don't fit them like that now when I come across them, as suggested such a bad design. I take the front panel off and now have a pack of drop on clips in my gear. I've even made up wooden wedges before now so the panel can be slid down. Once I used mirror screws, that was before I figured out making the wedges up could work.

I take it you cant get your hand down the gap in between the panel and the front of the cistern?