Concealed Themostatic Shower Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please? Thought this would be a simple job, but I was obviously wrong!

I have a Tre Mercati Milan shower on which the cartridge seems to have failed. My original docs for the shower shows that the cartridge was a 63230, so that’s what I ordered. The part having arrived looks different to mine, in that it has an additional spindle/spring assembly to the rear. If I could remove that it looks as if it would otherwise be same as mine. I’ve attached a photo to show this.

As you can probably tell my plumbing knowledge is pretty poor, but I thought this would be a simple water off and replace part job. Have I simply got the wrong part, or am I able to disassemble/adjust the part I have ordered?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 09CCD015-1B13-42E5-8CE4-B4D89E1F6E3E.jpeg
    09CCD015-1B13-42E5-8CE4-B4D89E1F6E3E.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying.

No. What’s left in the wall fitting is simply an up/down pin - same sort of thing you’d see on a radiator stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for link. I don’t think so, although I’m away from the job now. So far as I could see the receiving pin was not removable from the pipe work, or at least it didn’t seem to be part of the cartridge itself. Will have to take another, longer look tomorrow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back