Concealed Toilet Water Supply Pipework - Bidet Shower, Outdoor Tap - Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I will soon be replacing my toilet as part of a bathroom renovation with a close coupled toilet. I am planning on redoing the pipework from the current surface mounted to chased and concealed in the external wall.

The 15mm main pipe would need to supply the toilet, bidet shower and external tap.

This is my proposed setup:

BDvHUQL.jpg

8hNS4sX.jpg

1) A concealed isolator valve for the toilet which I believe is a 1/2 inch thread fixing on the rear.
2) Bidet shower with its own shutoff valve
3) 15mm pipe passes outside via a 90 degree elbow to outdoor tap

I am hoping to have all the fittings in place ready for a tiler.

My main concerns are:
- Installing the Tee valves for 1 & 2 at the correct depth so they will be correct for the fittings once tiled
- Securing the Tee valves so that when the fittings are installed they are secure and not loose / causing damage to tiled area surrounding them.

Can anyone advise on proposed installation and any tips?

Need to do some research into how deep the Tee valves need should be in relation to final tiled wall so that the fittings sit flush.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bidet shower (Bum gun) will need its supply from a seperate water tank.

Bidet shower (Bum gun) will need its supply from a seperate water tank.
Really? Why is that? If it is due to pressure, they usually come with a valve built in to reduce.

I have actually now found ones which connect to the underside of the toilet water inlet so I might not plum one upto the 15mm supply directly like in my image now.

1. Because it is illegal to attach a spray bidet to a water source without an air gap.
2. The only practical air gap is a tank filled with water from above with an air gap between the inlet and the water level in the tank.
3. If you fit it illegally and pollute the supply for others, you leave yourself open to a substantial fine and being sued by anyone affected.

Sponsored Links
OK I'll address the bidet shower plumbing thanks.

Regarding the toilet shutoff valve, how do people ensure its correct depth and secure it when chased into wall?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd suggest getting the tiling done then fitting all that surface pipework- tiler won't thank you for having all that junk to work round, it'll end up with some horrible cuts and grout/adhesive all over your posh chrome tube.
Also put an isolator in for the outside tap (so when it gets cold you can drain that leg).
EDIT Missed the bit about chasing pipe into the wall. Try and avoid doing that- chase depth will be iffy in brick or block wall, you'll need Denso tape on the tube & isolating outside will be difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back