Concertina loft ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Had a look through the previous posts, but couldn't find anything up to date.

I'm having some work done in my house, and would like a concertina ladder as they seem strong and compact with good tread sizes. We also don't want to ladder to intrude into the loft space for other reasons.

I'm seriously thinking about a Premier Loft Ladders Elite 10 tread one, but at £900 with the vat it is right at the top end, but does meet the brief.

However, would anyone have any other suggestions?
One of the 'needs' is that it must be able to work independent of the loft hatch, as the hatch needs to open to the side, rather than in line with the ladder.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I bought a loft hatch with loft ladder for £119 this year, and it is very good. A solid, wooden ladder, easy to pull down, very well balanced, and sits on the hatch door.
They start at £65 for small openings. Arrived in a few days of ordering

https://sunluxroofwindows.co.uk/312-wooden-loft-ladders-with-hatch

this is the one I got:
https://sunluxroofwindows.co.uk/lof...ladder-hatch-h-up-to-280cm-5900988634172.html

Best value I could find - I searched for ages (over a year, not constantly though) as I wanted something to fit a large hatch opening. Eventually saw somebody selling them on Amazon for £300, and managed to track down the supplier from their advert.

IMG_20210325_182814611 (1).jpg

I've had a strong word with myself, and there is no way I'm spending £900 on a loft ladder.
What was i thinking!!!

I'll keep searching and i may end up going for a slider one instead. Can't do the fold up as these need to use the hatch. My ladder option needs to be totally independent of the hatch.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back