concete section of drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

i want to concrete a small area of my drive about 18m2 x 110cm deep should be ok. Anyway i will need just over 2m3 of concrete, my question is can i realistically mix that amount with a hired cement mixer or should i just order pre mix in a cement mixer to be delivered. Last question do i need reinforcment for the concrete ???

cheers paul

Sponsored Links
Order premix. Why you would want to mix about 15 mixers loads by hand is beyond me!
You would need a lot of sand, gravel and cement.
Plus you're not goin to know what strength you have either.

Less work and time to get it in a lorry too.

****** m8 mix it in a mixer dude its a 4:1 mix all in use ballest and cement mix (concrete) id say 2 tones of ballest tops 20 bags of cement
no rebar use hardcore or type1 sub base

My own experience mixing that much was that the mixer overheated half way through... not clever... plus, wherever you point the mixer gets splattered with cement... so after 15 loads.... a right mess.... i have my own mixer, but would now get it delivered, and get 2 or three barrows and a few mates to help.... time is of the escence...especially if you do it when the weather is warm !

Sponsored Links
2 metres ³ mixed on site? It could be a long, hard day for two fit workers but will you have enough daylight at this time of the year? It could be touch & go.
Unfotunately, I think the smallest concrete truck is 4metres ³ so you might be paying over the odds per m ³ .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back