Concrete and Breeze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

with the shortage of blocks at the moment i needed 4 packs and got 3 breeze and 1 concrete.

is my builder okay to wall both together?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Were the breeze blocks delivered form the 1950's? Otherwise, what's a breeze block nowadays?

But generally different blocks should not be mixed, unless their thermal qualities are similar

I’ve got 7.3n/mm2 blocks

I’ve got them from 2 separate places and the weights and colour are different even though both places stated they was breeze blocks?

i think it’s solid medium density blocks

Last edited:
There are two types of block, concrete and aerated concrete (Thermalite/Celcon).

The density is irrelevant, it's the thermal properties that are relevant as to whether they should be combined.

Vastly different thermal properties (ie colder blocks within areas of warmer blocks) increases the risk of condensation. This risk is removed if the walls are being dry lined.

Sponsored Links
All blocks i have are concrete then, the aerated ones are the really light ones that you can cut with a hand saw right? Normally used on the inner leaf?

Will i be okay to do both skins in concrete then with 50mm insulation in the cavity, the walls internally will be dot and dabbed plastered boarded and skimmed.

What would i have to do, use aerated on the inner leaf?

Yes with a 100mm fully insulated cavity

spoke to my architect and he said no one actually uses the celcon blocks thats stated and just use normal blocks and say he’s never had it refused by building control for the last 10 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back