Concrete and timber floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to tile the bathroom floor but have a question about flooring. Most of the floor is screed on block and beam, then under the dpm in the picture is the original brickwork exterior wall and then about 12inches of timber floorboards. it was originallly covered in 6mm ply which i intended on replacing with 6mm no more ply and laying self levelling over the entire area.
I dont think the adhesive works on plastic dpm so how best am i to secure it to the floor. i was going to screw it to the timber floorboards but im worried it will be loose on the brickwork.

thanks

Uploaded via Android app.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can you not poor self leveling compound to take out the 6mm height difference and level the floor at the same time?

I wanted to get something down to secure the floor boards. i guess i could cut the nmp back to just the floorboards and lay self levelling over the while lot?

Sponsored Links
It looks risky tiling over 2 different substrates.

If it was me I'd use a decoupling mat like ditra over the whole area first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back