Concrete base for patio/slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,
Had a lot of good advice on here and finally our extension is done, project managed myself and overall went well. Saved around 25k on the full prices quoted originally. So thanks everyone.

Now I am on to a patio. So building a patio of around 10 by 4 Sqm. So need I think a slab of concrete first. Excavate and clear down 150, hardcore and then concrete slab. Currently most of it grass. Small area of left over patio, extension covered the rest.

So without the slabs which will be variable, how much roughly would I be looking at to pay for labour and costs. Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The sub base really depends on ground condition.

Shrinkable clay soils will be best with a slab, possibly reinforced.

Good soil with no trees around, then a granular sub base is fine -ie type 1. However it needs properly compacting with a heavy plate compactor, not those lightweight toys that are around now.

If you can use a muckaway, that will save on skips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back