Concrete Base Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry for the new topic, bit of a dilemma now. Just one question please.

The picture below should say it all.

Basically the shed I wanted to build is quite tight within the wall space (including overlap)... So if I do go ahead with it, the base will be uptight against the wall with NO gap (just 2 sides). Will this be a major problem for water? Or should there be a gap for the water to drain?

Perhaps I could create a small gully for the water to drain?

Please suggest the right method, I really appreciate any help, thank you :)

dilemmabase.gif

Sponsored Links
just lay teh slab with a slight fall away from the house, it will drain under the shed and away from the wall then

Thermo said:
just lay teh slab with a slight fall away from the house, it will drain under the shed and away from the wall then

good idea mate, thanks.

its not a house wall though, just a 6ft wall (i think the previous tenants were building a garage, but only did half of it). That's why the shed will fit nicely in there, however im contemplating taking it down now, because i just realised, I will need access to paint the shed... i think it would be best to take it down.

yeah, I'll take it down :rolleyes: sorry :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Why don't you use the wall as one side of the shed, build another wall opposite, and use that to hold up the roof. That's half the shed already built.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back