concrete boom pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a little query that some of you will have dealt with before:

i need to pump some concrete, a boom pumper is ideal as it will place where i need it in a number of locations - hoses would be a right pain to use on this site, unless anyone know someone who uses the smaller bore ones like i've seen used in australia.

my problem is that the power to the street is all overhead and the powerlines run along the boundary where i'm pumping from - so my question is, how will the boom pumper deal with this situation.

do they just boom over and carry on, business as usual, or is it going to cause scratching of heads on the day?

i know i could get a guy round to assess the site, but it's a lot easier to ask you folks for your collective thoughts.

Sponsored Links
They can work around quite a few obstacles. If the boom has to go straight up for the first section then thats distance lost. If he goes under the obstacle then he might lose much needed height.

Its the pump operator you need to be speaking too.

yeah, yr right of course. i need to give him a bell and have his round for a look. thanks for the reply norcon

Sponsored Links
No problems. Were pouring 100cu/m into a 78m long base tomorrow.
No cables to worry about though as its in the middle of the sticks.
Pump was considered but decided to carry it in with two excavators instead. Will see how it goes. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back